If your kids are into music, don’t just buy them with cheap electric guitars. Give them quality guitars they can still play for years, even decades.
- Laminated hardwood body
- "C"-shaped maple neck
- 20-fret fingerboard
- Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups with five-way switching
- Vintage-style hardtail Stratocaster bridge
You want to play the Fender Stat but so big and heavy for you? Squier Mini Strat comes to make you play the electric guitars with those small hands.
The Mini Strat is the smaller version and the copy of the iconic Fender Stratocaster. It has an easy standard five-way switch that lets you adjust to produce a wide variety of sounds.
Want to play jazz and rock? Just learn the few tweaks of the controls to make it. The Mini Strat produces great sound, no doubt, since it’s also a Fender.
The neck is very smooth which is very easy to progress quickly. It’s very lightweight and easy to hold, perfect for kids who are still learning with the guitar.
It looks solid and it’s really of top quality. It’s made with great material and the neck curvature perfectly fits those small and tiny fingers.
Value for Money
An excellent choice for the price. You won’t get anything like this from other brands, and it’s a Fender.
Related: Squier Mini Strat Review
- Perfect for small hands
- Stays in tune well
- Sharper fret edges
- Watch out those light strings
- Epiphone's Les Paul Player Pack has everything you need to start playing guitar right away
- It includes a genuine Les Paul Special-II LTD guitar featuring two classic hum bucker pickups and a 10-watt Electra guitar amp with a 10ft guitar cable
- Epiphone also includes a clip-on headstock chromatic tuner, a guitar strap, medium picks, and an easy-to-carry gig bag
- And best of all for new players, the Les Paul Player Pack comes with free downloadable guitar lessons from media
Looking for cheaper, but not a cheap electric guitar for your kids? Epiphone Les Paul Electric Guitar Player Pack is your wisest choice. It is packed with amp, picks and strap for your kid to kick-start his music career.
This is a trusted replica of the iconic Les Paul guitar. You got everything you need to start learning guitars right away.
The guitar produces great sound, and you got amp, the tuner and all the necessary things to start your jamming session. It stays in tune well for quite long.
The guitar is solid and feels very comfortable to play with. It’s a little heavier, but still pretty handy with the kids.
The finish is great and doesn’t look like a budget guitar. It has a very solid construction and the controls are nicely and securely put in place.
Value for Money
Aside from the essential add-ons of the pack, you will also get free downloadable guitar lessons for your kids. At this price point, you got all you need. Great deal!
- With guitar tuner
- Free online lessons
- A little heavy
- This classic single cutaway body shape is made of Linden and has a maple veneer.
- The bolt on neck is made of maple with a natural satin finish. The fingerboard is rosewood with dot inlays.
- Save with a prepaid subscription
- Online guitar lessons from the most trusted brand in music
A cheaper and smaller alternative, Maestro by Gibson Electronic Guitar is perfect for kids who love Gibson guitars. It comes in package deal together with a little amp and all the basic equipment to kick-start your first concert.
A great package with all the tools you need. This is, however, an entry-level guitar, but it’s worth the investment for those who want to buy their first guitar.
Has a very versatile sound. It sounds like Gibson Maestro, but with a much cheaper and smaller electric guitar.
It is sleek and comes with smooth finish, which enables the hand to slide with ease. Solidly built for a beginner’s guitar.
The look of this guitar is based on the patented Gibson signature design. And, the natural satin finish of the body makes you look like a real pro in a real stage.
Value for Money
A perfect company for your kids at home or at school. This guitar is pretty useful as a beginner or someone who is looking to buy a cheaper alternative.
- Very affordable
- Comes with an instructional CD
- Sharp fret edges
- Needs to be tuned every now and then
- Has only one pickup
- Short-scale 24" Stratocaster is great for smaller hands
- Three single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Hardtail bridge
- Includes: Frontman 10G guitar amplifier
If you are looking for a versatile electric guitar with a complete reliable package, get Squier Short Scale Statocaster. It is perfect for beginners, especially kids who want to play rock music.
This is another affordable package for kids who want to play electric guitar. It’s a Stratocaster, so expect your kids to play tunes with the signature twang.
This electric guitar comes with three pickups so you can produce the classic Strat tone with it. This is very easy to play and very versatile.
The lightweight body of the Strat allows you to play with it comfortably. It feels solid and seems to be made of top quality construction and process.
A beautifully stunning guitar, well-built to give quality sound. The natural satin finish elaborates the poplar body, which looks gorgeous.
Value for Money
With this guitar, you can stop daydreaming and start playing. It comes with everything you need to start playing an electric guitar.
- Complete starter kit
- String easily breaks, especially the thick E
- Full size black Rock Jam electric guitar with spare strings, guitar picks, and a strap
- 10 watt amplifier with headphone output with guitar connector cable
- 3x Single coil pickups for a truly versatile playing experience
- Whammy bar for those string bending licks.
- Includes 10w Amp, Gig Bag, Strap, Lead, Picks and Spare Strings
Get quality constructed electric guitar for your kid with the RockJam RJEG02. It includes the basic tools and equipment for your kids and it has a whammy bar for string bending.
You will be surprised when you will see the price tag for this guitar. It has apparently everything you need at this price point.
The guitar holds tune well enough. You can play great tunes and a range of genre.
This guitar can be easily played with fingers. Though the guitar is full-sized, it is still lightweight, hence, great for kids to bring with them anywhere.
Got striking appearance that makes you look like a pro. Its iconic design and glossy finish makes it appealing and makes you very comfortable to play it.
Value for Money
How about getting a guitar with an extra string set at a cheap price? Not just that, you will get an amp, strap, bag and picks. A valuable and affordable deal.
- Holds tune well enough
- Frets buzzes for higher action
- Needs a lot of adjustments
- Full-size 39" electric guitar and all the accessories necessary to start playing, including a 20W amplifier, digital clip-on tuner, 6 strings, 2 picks, tremolo bar, shoulder strap, and carrying bag.
- Perfect for beginner and intermediate players.
- Ideal kit for anyone interested in learning how to play the electric guitar
- Everything you need to start playing
- Rosewood fingerboard, Canadian maple neck, Solid wood body, S-S-S pickups, One-way tremolo, Pickup switch, Volume & tone controls
Looking for a great deal of electronic guitar kit? The LyxPro Complete beginner starter kit is a great pick. Unlike other guitar package, all the tools included in this kit are useful and very helpful.
Great package with some useful extras. The amp is working and the tuner is also a great tool, especially for beginners.
Produces great sound quality and you can play a wide variety of tones with it. A great practice companion for kids and youth, in general.
The neck is pretty straight to play in a fast speed without the hassle. This is ideal for beginners and intermediate players, especially for those who are exploring a variety of guitars.
This is a decent guitar with a solid wood body and Canadian maple neck. Everything is well-placed, from the fingerboard to the controls and the one-way tremolo.
Value for Money
The guitar and the add-ons are a great deal for parents who are in a tight budget, but also does not want to compromise quality. This guitar is perfect for those who are on a budget and beginners.
- Great value for money
- Guitar tuner works well
- Insufficient user guide
- Body Body shape: Double cutaway Body type: Solid body Body material: Solid wood Top wood: Not applicable Body wood: Poplar Body finish: Gloss Orientation: Right handed Neck Neck shape: GRGM Neck wood: Maple Joint: Set-in Scale length: 22.2" Truss rod: Standard Neck finish: Gloss Fretboard Material: Maple Radius: 15.75" Fret size: Medium Number of frets: 22 Inlays: Dot
- No toy by any stretch of the imagination, the Ibanez miKro is conforms to the same high standards as all of the GIO series guitars
- The GRGM21M features the same high-output Powersound pickups, the same construction, same materials, same set-up and same inspection
- In fact, the only difference is its shorter 22
- 2-inch scale neck, something that makes it perfect for tour buses, songwriting, running scales while downloading and, of course, for young rockers and beginners
If you love metal and wanted to do some experiments, you can do it with Ibanez GRGM21BKN. A compact size guitar with 24 frets that is well-spaced in the 22-inch maple neck. It has not only the iconic features of an Ibanez, but also its great sound quality.
One of the few guitars you can play right out of the box with less control adjustments. This brings more to the plate than what you expect from an entry-level guitar.
Got a very rich sound with the mahogany wood used in its body. The humbucker configuration is perfectly designed for metal tones and solo shredding.
Very lightweight guitar with compact size. Hence, if you got small hands, this fella is a perfect tool for you. This is also handy, especially for those who are always on the go, but want to bring a small, yet powerful electric guitar.
Got a short neck, but fits all the 24 frets. It bears the signature slim Ibanez neck which is perfect for young ones who are still new to guitars.
Value for Money
Nothing beats the quality and the price that this guitar bears. It’s among the top-of-the-line, yet affordable kids guitar.
Related: Ibanez GRGM21BKN Review
- Easy setup, especially for beginners
- Great pickups
- Won’t easily stay in tune
Now that you have a glimpse of the seven great electric guitars for kids, surely you have your choice by now. It’s time to share your best pick. Simply leave a comment below on your best bet and why so?